Our Flashcard.online is a magic app but it can’t do all the wonders you may want. For example, you can’t write a lot of text on our cards, it’s advisable to enter up to 45 characters on a text card. So in case you need more, you’d better explore other way of making flashcards.
The easiest one in to do the cards on Microsoft Word or Google Docs. Here in the article you will learn about these ways as well.
How to create flashcards on Word
I hope you already have the program installed on your PC. There are slight differences in the software versions, but the main idea is the same. The simplest way to create flashcards on MS Word is to make a table.
1.Open the program and create a new document (Ctrl + N).
2. Then switch to the “Insert” tab and click the “Table” icon. Choose “Draw the table” option.
3. You have to choose how many cards you want on the list. The more you choose, the smaller they will be. I advise you to select 2×3 or 2×4.
4. Then just stretch the table onto the whole list. Use the option “Auto-Fit Window” in the above menu, so that your table take the entire width of the sheet.
5. You may add any content you want onto the cells. Paste images, text or together. Set the center alignment and the font no less than 20. To repeat the same formating in all the cells, just copy the contents of the first made card into others. Thus, you will save your time on adjusting the content to every new cell.
6. Don’t forget to save your document. After that, you may print or share it online.
Here is a FREE TEMPLATE of flashcards made on MS Word for those who prefer everything ready.
You can also browse ready Microsoft Word templates.
How to make flashcards on Google Docs
The procedure is quite the same. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Google Drive and create a blank document.
2. Click “Insert” tab, choose “Table” and add a table.
3. Drag a border of a row to make it bigger.
4. Add your text and images. Format the content to your liking. There is no need to save the changes as the doc is automatically saved.
Here is also a FREE TEMPLATE which you may use as you wish. Move it your Google Drive or save on your PC.
In case these two templates don’t suit your aims, feel free to use our flashcard editor to make stylish cards for work and study.